Arapahoe County Sheriff
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workforce Specialist - Employment First
at Arapahoe County Sheriff
The Employment First Workforce Specialist is responsible for providing quality employment services to job seeking customers enrolled in the Employment First Program at Arapahoe/Douglas Works! This includes creating, developing and implementing employment plans with customers and ensuring the customer is in compliance with the SNAP program.
**This posting has been re-opened. If you previously applied, your application is on file and you will not need to re-apply.**
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non essential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Manage and maintain customer caseload for the Employment First in conjunction with other team members, based upon program demand, including accurately tracking of activities, services and expenses.
- May require working at all Arapahoe/Douglas Works! locations as needed, including Aurora, Centennial and Castle Rock.
- Develop, create and facilitate program orientation, job readiness workshops and support groups.
- Provide one-on-one assessments to assess for barriers to employment.
- Job coaching regarding work history, education and interest, job search navigation, labor market information
- Regularly meet with customers to track and follow-up on progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership and management.
- Maintain knowledge of the Employment First Federal and State rules and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of Employment First policies and guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with customers, co-workers, leadership and community partners.
- Demonstrates organizational and multi-tasking skills, as well as diligence in follow-up.
- Ability to maintain a positive resilient attitude when dealing with challenging situations on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate efficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and data inquiries from databases such as CBMS, Connecting Colorado and HS CARES).
- Service First
- Excellent Quality
- Responsive Government
- Visionary Thinking
- Caring Leadership
- Effective Communication
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Respect for Others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Human Services or related field.
- Associates Degree or two year certificate AND two (2) years of experience working with economically, culturally, or socially disadvantaged clients in the context of job counseling, vocational education, vocational or pre-employment assessment, workforce development, vocational rehabilitation or related field.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent AND four (4) years of experience working with economically, culturally, or socially disadvantaged clients in the context of job counseling, vocational education, vocational or pre-employment assessment, workforce development, vocational rehabilitation or related field.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment testing which includes an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) and background check.
- Supplemental Information
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Spends 50% of the time sitting and 50% of the time either standing or walking.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 20 lbs.
- Uses cart, dolly, or other equipment to carry in excess of 25 lbs.
- Occasionally climbs, stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls and crouches while performing office or work duties.
- Verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication through automated devices, such as telephones, radios, and similar; and in public meetings and personal interactions.
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery or equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer or other work related equipment.
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or attaching documents to your online application), call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627. Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application, first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt uploading (attaching) it.