Arapahoe County Sheriff
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TANF Workforce Specialist
at Arapahoe County Sheriff
Performs a variety of assessment, vocational counseling, and Workforce Development duties associated with the employability development of One Stop Center customers.
Note: This position may require working at other Arapahoe/Douglas Works! remote locations as needed.
NOTE: This position has been re-opened. If you have previously applied, your application has been received and you will not need to re-apply. Thank you.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non essential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Manages customer caseload for TANF in conjunction with other team members, based upon program demand, including accurate tracking of activities, services and expenses.
- Develops methods to facilitate customer interest and continuation in work related activities and programs.
- Develops methods to facilitate customer employment development based upon the customer's marketable skills.
- Provides guidance to customer regarding work history, education, interests, abilities and other relevant variables affecting employability.
- Prepares customer plans with clients to effect remediation of job-related barriers and/or deficiencies, carries out one-on-one job counseling and job coaching.
- Knowledge of Colorado Works/TANF rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills with customers, coworkers, and other team members.
- Answering incoming calls on multi-line phone system, taking messages, and ascertaining needs per program policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrate efficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and data inquires from data base such as Connecting Colorado and CBMS).
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of assessment tools and procedures.
- Arranges for supportive services to customer as available and necessary, coordinates counseling and support activities for the customer.
- Responsible for successful gainful employment to encourage customer to become self sufficient.
- Responsible for ensuring customers receive employment development.
- Responsible for meeting with and contacting customers per program policy and guideline and adhering to timeframe.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by management team.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.A. or B.S. Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Human Services or related field
AA, or two year certificate AND Two (2) years of experience working with economically, culturally or socially disadvantaged clients in the context of job counseling, vocational education, vocational or pre-employment assessment, Workforce Development, vocational rehabilitation or related field.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent AND Two (2) years of specialized academic training in one of the above fields (60 academic credit hours or a combination of academic credit hours and specialized training equaling 200 classroom hours)
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must successfully pass pre-employment testing which includes an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) and background check.
- Supplemental Information
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Program Supervisor on Workforce Development activities and services offered by Arapahoe/Douglas Works Division.
- Contacts are with superiors, peers, subordinates, elected officials, users, and/or vendors. Contacts require the ability to exercise a high degree of interpersonal skills to influence persons at all levels. Incumbent is accountable for the results of the contact.
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- No unusual physical demands are associated with this position.
- Spends 50% of the time sitting and 50% of the time either standing or walking.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 20 lbs.
- Uses cart, dolly, or other equipment to carry in excess of 25 lbs.
- Occasionally stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls and crouches while performing office or work duties.
- Verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication through automated devices, such as telephones, radios, etc.
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery or equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer or other work related equipment.
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or attaching documents to your online application), call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627. Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application, first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt uploading (attaching) it.