Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health and Benefits Assistant Vice President - Actuary
Aon Is Looking For a Health and Benefits Assistant Vice President - Actuary
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Health in Chicago, IL. Although the ideal candidate would be located in Chicago or Lincolnshire, IL, other Midwest-based office locations may be considered.
Your Impact As A Health & Benefits Assistant Vice President – Actuary
- Lead actuary on client teams, leading actuarial projects and client relationship
- Influence clients' overall strategic and financial direction in benefits; frame results in the context of the marketplace
- Project savings/costs related to health benefits and applicable changes
- Mentor and leverage work to less experienced actuaries
- Review health care budgets and contribution setting
- Make statements of actuarial opinion and lead analysis behind them; directly responsible for all actuarial deliverables
- Communicate actuarial results to clients; lead all financial meetings, explaining actuarial results and potential alternatives
- Assist in benchmarking discussions with clients, including strategy evolution as a result of benchmarking data
- Perform IBNP reserve development
- Review models to evaluate cost-saving scenarios
- Seek and provide peer review to ensure high quality client deliverables
- Develop general consulting skills, knowledge, and exposure
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- FSA/ASA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or Associate of the Society of Actuaries) designation required
- Health and welfare consulting experience: 7+ years of industry experience (carrier or health care consulting)
- Project/client/financial management experience
- Broad business knowledge/perspective
- Business development experience, including competitor and market knowledge a plus
- Additional formal or informal responsibilities may include: People management or mentoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or related field
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.