AmTrust Financial Services, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workers' Compensation Manager, National Law Office
at AmTrust Financial Services, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
The Staff Counsel Law Offices Manager will oversee the AmTrust Staff Counsel offices handling Workers’ Compensation cases nationwide. This position will be responsible for the overall management of each Staff Law Office including the legal support staff, and will report directly to the Legal Operations Manager. This position is expected to work closely in with its counterpart (Staff Counsel Law Offices Manager – Liability), as well as the Managing Counsel of each law office. The responsibilities potentially include assisting with the opening of new staff law offices, the roll out of a new work platform for Staff Counsel, and developing corresponding job descriptions, workflow and protocol.
Staff Counsel Offices Manager will designate a key “Lead” position in each office to assist with the daily management. The Lead position will train new employees, and advise on local operational issues in the office (IT, supplies, equipment, etc.).
- Overall management of several law offices nationwide
- Direct supervision of all legal support (Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Clerical)
- Manage all Human Resource responsibilities
- Collaboratively develop uniform work processes and procedures
- Communicate, establish and monitor policies and work processes in each office
- Establish objective metrics and goals for legal support positions
- Develop career paths for legal support positions
- Liaison between Corporate Legal Operations and Staff Counsel Offices
- Liaison between AmTrust Real Estate and Building Management for Office Space
- Prepare Payroll; approve and submit hours work and paid time off on a bi-weekly basis for all legal support
- Prepare Supply Requisitions;
- Assign and Monitor Clerical Staff Functions
- Assist in preparation of daily, weekly, monthly reporting
- Review Billing and payment of various vendors
- Provide training for all new personnel
- Prepare Emergency Procedures for Office and Staffing
- Maintain office equipment
- Monitor legal vendor performance
- Experience working with Managing Attorney and Corporate Management
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or ten years of related experience managing personnel
- Legal background
- Human Resources experience
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with Managing Counsel, Attorneys, Clients, Co-workers, and Opposing Counsel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow corporate policies and support corporate
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.