America's First Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Specialist - Recruiting
at America's First Credit Union
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Directs selection and recruitment of employees; interviews candidates and provides direction to the hiring manager about the interview process; administers appropriate proficiency tests to job applicants, ensuring that proper interviewing and testing practices are utilized in the hiring process; develops relationships with external employment sources; conducts employment verifications, reference checks, drug screens and obtains criminal background checks.
- Administers on‑boarding process for new hires prior to start date and ensures accuracy of information.
- Performs new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Credit Union goals.
- Conducts exit interviews as needed. Prepares and processes Exit Interview form, notifies appropriate personnel of terminations, and provides appropriate benefits information to terminated employees.
- Reviews job descriptions before posting openings and works with the HR Manager to make any necessary in the job description database.
- Maintains files, forms and database information associated with personnel, benefits, general information and recruiting through ATS.
- Follows through on all resumes and applications received for Credit Union positions to ensure that proper correspondence is sent to applicants. Maintains resume and application database.
- Serves as back up with the day to day administration of benefit programs, 401(k), including enrolling, terminating and modifying employee benefit coverage.
- Coordinates employee relations issues with Human Resource Management to affect prompt and appropriate resolution.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with Human Resource Management to ensure employee relations issues are resolved promptly and appropriately.
- Accurately process new employee paperwork and follow through to ensure all benefits are being reflected properly.
- Maintain files, forms and database information associated with personnel, benefits, general information and recruiting through ATS.
- Follow through on all resumes and applications received to ensure proper correspondence is sent to applicants in a timely manner. Maintain resume and application database for the required time period according to federal and state regulations.
Experience - One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education - (1) A two-year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal - Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills -
- Must have working knowledge of employment and interviewing practices, Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Cobra.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must have experience with ATS and HRIS systems.
Physical Requirement - Light lifting required.