Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Analyst
The Sr. Payroll Analyst will be responsible for the oversight of garnishment & tax processes for payroll operations, as well as optimizing quality, effectiveness and cost of payroll operations. This position will be a key resource for partnering with Tax Services vendor for the Allegion business as well as supporting audits, acquisitions, and special projects. Ongoing responsibilities include the coordination of multiple state and local tax filings, oversight of multiple unemployment state accounts, providing assistance to reconciliation of the general ledger, processing payroll deductions and adjustments, and working closely with internal Allegion Benefit Team to resolve deduction issues.
What You Will Do:
· Resolve payroll tax inquiries and issues
· Partner with Tax Services vendor to ensure compliance with state and local agencies
· Direct responsibility for payroll deduction processing including taxes, benefit deductions, garnishments, union dues, charitable contributions
· Partner effectively with HR, IT, Finance and other functions to ensure appropriate flow of data and reporting
· Develop and implement processes to ensure accurate collection, calculation, and entering of data
· Support financial reporting analysis and query development for tax management, labor reporting and ad-hoc requests
· Provide necessary support to implementation of acquisitions and divestitures
· Audit employee level data for payroll processing
· Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
· Continuously review, update, and create communication channels
· Maintain required payroll information by designing efficient record keeping systems
· Create and maintain department Work Instructions
· Partner with vendors to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, advising management on needed actions
· Maintain awareness of existing and new legislation governing payroll requirements
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Skill / Requirements
· At least 7 years of Payroll experience with progressive responsibility in supporting technology
· Workday experience is preferred
· Certified Payroll Professional is preferred
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to create formulas, charts, graphs, and pivot tables.
· Detail-oriented with an unwavering commitment to pursue relevant and accurate data
· Strong, proven analytical skills in understanding complex system design and ability to troubleshoot issues
· Ability to maintain confidentiality & work with sensitive information/issues
· Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Please visit our Allegion Careers Page to see the full details of the position and apply today!