Children's Bureau of Southern California
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Training and Consulting Specialist
at Children's Bureau of Southern California
- Title: Training and Consulting Specialist
- Position Description:
This position is for an experienced trainer and/or consultant who has knowledge of the family strengthening field (i.e. strengths-based practices, organizational sustainability, policy and systems change, facilitation, capacity building trainings The person in this position will work with both regional and statewide team members to fulfill the Strategies 2.0 contract from the California Department of Social Services Office of Child Abuse Prevention (OCAP) and other contracts as required. Extensive traveling in California is required. This is an exempt position.
- Four or more years in the social service field with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Training experience, including: the ability to work with groups such as front-line staff, supervisors/managers, and community members.
- Ability to handle complex tasks and relate to a wide range of professionals.
- Experience and knowledge of current social service programs such as home visiting, child abuse prevention, and strength-based practices is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of systems change work
- Must have the ability to work independently and in group settings.
- Ability to travel extensively is required.
- Masters level education preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide training for projects and family strengthening organizations on topics such as: case management, cultural proficiency, protective factors, trauma informed practices, Consult with OCAP funded projects family strengthening organizations and counties on plans such as: participant and community engagement, organizational sustainability, county prevention plans, building networks, program design and implementation, and systems change
- Outreach to networks, collaboratives, and organizations to serve as a liaison between Strategies 2.0 and key partners. Support a Learning Community region; assist the facilitator with all aspects of planning, facilitating, and handling the audio-visual needs of each convening
- Participate in Strategies 2.0 workgroups as assigned (ex: Curriculum Development, Webinars, Learning Communities, etc.);
- Track data regarding training and technical assistance projects;
- Assist with grant and report writing as needed;
- Assist with curriculum development as needed;
- Contribute to Strategies 2.0 newsletters and online communications;
- Seek opportunities for professional development within the family strengthening and child abuse prevention field;
- Regular travel throughout California;
- Attend internal and statewide meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports To: Director
If you wish to submit a resume only, please click here: