ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Training Specialist for Tablets - Blackstone, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Training Specialist for Tablets - Secret Clearance - Blackstone, VA
The Training Specialist for Tablets is responsible for creation and maintenance of inventory records of Instructional Systems Management (ISM) controlled technical equipment, and management of training PC/tablet contents. The Training Specialist for Tablets works with the Training Records Specialist in creating and maintaining inventory records of ISM controlled technical equipment, and management of training PC/Tablet contents. The incumbent is responsible for assisting in designing and developing curriculum in accordance with the Instructional Systems Design model, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA) standards for the Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC).
The position is based at the U.S. Department of State FASTC in Blackstone, VA.
- Oversees the operating system and application software for ISM owned IT equipment to include installations, updating and modification of the software on standalone PCs and Tablet;.
- Working with the Training Records Specialist, helps course developers in organizing training materials on ISM owned IT equipment to include moving content from SharePoint to PCs and Tablets;
- Maintains physical inventory tracking of ISM IT equipment and accountability for the equipment;
- Tracks content that is loaded on ISM IT equipment;
- Assists programmers in installing, maintaining and operating training simulations on ISM owned IT equipment;
- Assists developers in performing functional (QA) checks of on-line and Tablet content;
- Drafts and maintains guides and basic instructions for users of ISM owned IT equipment;
- Performs limited "help desk" support for users of ISM IT equipment;
- Assists in the development of course materials including planning documents, student and instructor materials and course presentations;
- Provides weekly updates of activities to the Curriculum Manager and Training Advisor;
- Prepares, edits, and maintains general MS Office documents, spreadsheets and databases;
- Provides project support and other administrative duties as required.
- Occasional local travel may be required.
Professional Qualifications & Skills:
- Must have at least an Associate's degree, preferably in instructional technology or information technology related subjects;
- Must possess strong operating systems management skills;
- Must have at least (3) three years' experience in a training environment, information technology operations or inventory management;
- Must be proficient in the use of SharePoint;
- Familiarity with the standard concepts, practices, and procedures of training and course development;
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and database management);
- Thorough Microsoft Windows Operating Systems skills including installs, encryption and content management;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Knowledge of Federal office management policies, practices, and procedures preferred;
- Ability to work independently.
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company