ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Support Services Technician - Dunn Loring, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Support Services Technician - (Secret Clearance) - Dunn Loring, VA
The Support Services Technician will coordinate aspects of support to the training center that may include any of fleet management, mail, courier, Diplomatic Pouch, property disposition and accountability, equipment, supplies, inventories, facility maintenance requests and tracking.
The position is based at the U.S. Department of State, Diplomatic Security Training Center in Dunn Loring, VA. The Department of State is currently planning to relocate many positions to the new Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone VA in late 2019. Applicants who are open to the possibility of remaining with this program, and moving to FASTC should the position move, are preferred.
- Assists with fleet management that includes projecting vehicle preparation, service coordination, dispatching utilizing ILMS and non-standard programs, lifecycle monitoring, modification requests, and other related functions as required;
- Maintains tracking boards and electronic documents for fleet, shipping and receiving, property accountability, and other systems as required
- Operates U.S. Government vehicles up to and including 16 passenger vans as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks
- Provides logistical support by performing tasks associated with common carrier shipping and receiving, unpacking, storing, assembling, tracking and issuing supplies, equipment, materials, and official parcels that include Diplomatic Pouch, Courier, and USPS mail service
- Inspects received/delivered goods, maintains inventory/logistics records, and allocates storage space, and/or delivers those goods and materials to the Receiving Office
- Tracks and records all receiving, stocking and issuing of inventory items per U.S. government regulations
- Monitors depletion rate of supplies, materials and equipment. Notifies Program Manager when replenishment and/or repairs and maintenance is required. Takes follow-up action to assure prompt and proper receipt of items
- Maintains storage areas in neat and clean condition
- Assists with stock room functions consisting of office and general supplies
- Monitors Ariba and other support request processes for clarity, mandatory source of supply use, accountability, and tracking to ensure purchase invoices are closed out and property issued to program
- Resolves all discrepancies of property received within individual orders
- Picks up and delivers official mail and special delivery items
- Escorts un-cleared building maintenance/equipment repair/delivery personnel, when necessary; Assists in common records management that includes property records and Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Employs applicable Department of State security standards and procedures to protect National Security information
- Provides other training program support as needed
- Travels as necessary to other CONUS training and support sites as needed; travel is not expected to be more than 25% of total work time
- Employee will require some supervision and has a growing opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
- Must possess a high school diploma
- Five (5) years relevant work experience
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with support services functions, practices and procedures
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive official U.S. Government vehicles up to and including 16 passenger vans
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office suite and/or other general office applications
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Must maintain high standards for quality of work and professional growth
- Must be able to develop solid understanding of Department of State rules, regulations and procedures relating to acquisitions and logistics processes
- Must be able to meet physical requirements (walking, standing, bending, and lifting of medium to heavy objects)
- Associates Degree
- Working knowledge of military, law enforcement, and/or Government security operations
- Working knowledge of fleet operations
- Knowledge of supply and logistics record keeping/management (supply/logistics forms, supplies, materials inventory, and the status report preparation
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract - must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
Pay Type: Hourly
Location: All Native Managed Services Company, Dunn Loring, Virginia, United States of America