ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior HR Generalist_ANG-Human Resources
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for supporting all facets of the HR department. Advises employees and management on company policy and procedure. Reviews and assists in employee file management. Supports the HR Manager in oversight of employee requests and requirements, ensuring deadlines and compliance requirements are met. Assists department in carrying out various administrative duties and human resources functions as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Administers compensation program
- Monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Recruits for open position in conjunction with the recruiting team
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the affirmative action program
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing
- Manages the worker’s compensation program
- Files claims and generating reports as needed
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
- Recommends innovative approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- In conjunction with the HR department, maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiles reports from database
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Communicates with employees or applicants regarding HR policies and procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality with sensitive materials
- Utilizes the Ceridian HRIS maintaining appropriate up to date data on employee information and statistics
- Coordinates and implements new hire paperwork and orientation process
- Maintains up to date knowledge regarding employment laws and compliance
- Researches state laws in other parts of the country
- All other job duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
- Four (4) or more years of related experience in the Human Resource position required
- Thorough knowledge of laws affecting human resources administration
- Federal contracting experience
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management, both local and long distance
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits and negotiations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and written
- Obtain and maintain relevant certification(s) as a Human Resource professional
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
- Service Contract Act (SCA) and union experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field from a four-year accredited college or university required, or equivalent combination of education or experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Conflict Management skills to resolves challenges in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
- Partnering and collaboration skills to develop networks, build alliances, engage in cross-functional activities and find common ground with stakeholders.
- Sound business ethics/integrity and a commitment to corporate responsibility.
- Critical thinking-using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches to problems.
- Stability-the tendency to handle stress, maintain an even temperament and demonstrate confidence across most situations while ensuring transparency within the company.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.