ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registrar Program Specialist - Dunn Loring, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Registrar Program Specialist - Dunn Loring, VA - Secret Clearance
The Registrar Program Specialist is responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative duties including data entry in the Department of State (DOS) official Student Training Management System (STMS) database under the guidance of the Registrar for the Diplomatic Security Training Center (DSTC).
The position is based at the U.S. Department of State DSTC in Dunn Loring, VA. The Department of State is currently planning to relocate many positions to the new Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA in late 2019. Applicants who are open to the possibility of remaining with this program and moving to FASTC are preferred.
- Manages office procedures as established by the Registrar and DSTC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Manages and maintains the office filing system to include retiring course files according to the DOS Disposition Schedule
- Monitors the DSRegistrar mailbox: responds or forwards to other Registrar staff
- Works closely with the FSI Registrar’s office in support of the DS Training Officer
- Employs applicable DOS security standards and procedures
- Coordinates administrative matters as appropriate between the Registrar’s office, other administrative sections (budget, facilities support, travel), and programs
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of all DSTC courses as they relate to the Registrar’s office
- Drafts routine e-mails to staff and students
- Develops thorough understanding of the DOS’s official Student Training Management System (STMS) to include data entry and running management reports
- Controls access to the DSTC building by checking identification of personnel entering through the Registrar’s office to include all visitors and DOS direct hires without swipe access; and obtain/receive Visitor Access Requests (VARs) and/or clearance notifications if needed
- Issues visitor badges and arranges escorts as appropriate; ensures return of all badges issued and prepare monthly inventory for the Security Officer
- Distributes mail and handles telephone inquiries for all of DSTC; orders office supplies as needed to include certificate paper and holders; log ins and obtains receipt signatures for all incoming express mail deliveries to DSTC; and, updates daily schedule
- Provides administrative support to the Registrar/DS Training Officer to include management of student enrollments and confirmations
- Prepares, stamps, and signs via signature wheel course certificates for all students completing DSTC courses; coordinates with course managers any certificates needed in advance, i.e., courses given overseas or at other domestic locations
- Accepts room reservation requests and enters into Share Point
- Assists other Registrar Program Specialists with course filing
- Performs other administrative support as needed
- Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
- High School Diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of experience working in an office environment
- Basic knowledge of and experience with administrative or office management functions
- Must be highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Must be customer service-oriented
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy work environment
- Must possess proficiency in SharePoint and MS Office Suites software with strong Excel and processing skills
- Must be able to meet physical requirements (lifting medium weight objects)
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
Pay Type: Hourly
Location: All Native Managed Services Company, Dunn Loring, Virginia, United States of America