ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Responsible for the preparation, disbursement, and accurate processing of the payroll in a multi-state environment using ADP and Deltek time and attendance systems. Supports the Payroll Manager in processing payroll.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Responsible for all new hire/employee changes/terminations in GCS and T&E
· Reviews all employee deductions and direct deposit information
· Works with the benefits administrator to ensure accurate benefit deductions and record keeping
· Review ADP set up to ensure accurate payroll processing
· Prepares various payroll, workers compensation, and management reports
· Reconciles quarterly payroll tax reports
· Ensures payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner
· Checks all personnel time sheets utilizing an electronic time and attendance software product for compliance with policy, contract, state and regulatory requirements
· Reviews computed wages and corrects any errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings
· Reviews all changes including benefit deductions to payroll prepared by Payroll Clerk
· Maintains accurate payroll records and employee files, including manual check log
· Reviews and audits master file and pay data entries, and YTD totals
· Prepares various labor distribution postings for review by Payroll Manager
· Prepares reports on monthly leave balances and accruals
· Handles all garnishments, deductions, and Paid Time Off (PTO) accruals
· Works closely with Human Resources and Finance on all payroll related issues
· Reviews the accuracy of payroll deductions to payroll output documents
· Ensure compliance with DCAA timekeeping regulations
· Responds to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters
· Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
· Performs other duties and special projects as requested by management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
· Experience with payroll outsourcing, ADP preferred, and Time and Expense systems, Deltek GCS Premier preferred.
· Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
· Demonstrated proficiency processing and reviewing multistate payroll.
· Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations.
· Ability to read and comprehend moderate to complex written and oral communication
· Ability to manage one’s own time
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to develop, prioritize, organize and accomplish work
· Ability to analyze information and evaluate options to choose the best solution and solve problems
· Ability to effectively present information one on one and in small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
· Ability to work independently and as a group
· Advanced computer skills and proficient with MS Office
· Five to eight (5 to 8) years of experience in multi-state payroll processing and tax filings
· FPC or CPP certification a plus
· Maintains a valid driver’s license and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent work experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position.
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned