ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Designer - Dunn Loring, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3041
Categories: Art/Creative/Design, Education - ALL, Media/Publishing, Human Resources - Training & Development, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES, Education - Training
We are now hiring
Instructional Designer - Dunn Loring, VA
Friday, September 28, 2018
Instructional Designer - Secret Clearance - Dunn Loring, VA
The Instructional Designer, under the supervision and guidance of the Program Office, is responsible for designing, developing and evaluating curriculum in accordance with the Instructional Systems Design model, Standard Operating Procedures, and Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA standards. This position requires the incumbent to work closely with other program offices, subject matter experts, multimedia specialists, and distributed learning designers to design and develop lesson plans, student materials, and instructional media.
The position is based at the U.S. Department of State, Diplomatic Security Training Center in Dunn Loring, VA. The Department of State is currently planning to relocate many positions to the new Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA in late 2019. Applicants who are open to the possibility of remaining with this program, and moving to FASTC should the position move, are preferred.
* Applies principles of Adult Learning Theory to the design of all training materials
* Designs, develops, implements and evaluates training solutions
* Designs and develops curriculum and courses of instruction using the Instructional Systems Design model
* Develops lesson content and identify appropriate training delivery mechanisms
* Identifies training gaps and recommend changes to training programs and curricula that will minimize or eliminate training gaps
* Develops course material to include planning documents, student and Instructor materials and course presentations
* Conducts needs assessments
* Develops learning goals and objectives, using the Instructional Systems Design model in accordance with Training and Performance Standard Operating Procedures
* Monitors courses and instructors against performance criteria
* Performs course evaluation
* Develops course proposals and project management plans
* Develops, maintains and ensures adherence to a course development schedule during the development cycle
* Stays current on policy, law and technology changes, as well as skill requirements, office directives, roles and responsibilities to ensure up-to-date curriculum
* Coordinates with instructors, subject matter experts (SME), multimedia team and other program offices;
* Provides course management services, including course revisions, instructor performance evaluations, cost assessments, and making recommendations for course retirement
* Assists curriculum management by maintaining all curriculum records, scheduling and conducting curriculum reviews, making recommendations for updates and changes, and tracking revision history
* Reviews content and provide final quality control check on lessons and all supporting material
* Evaluates pilot courses to ensure that they conform to Training and Performance Standard Operating Procedures, FLETA accreditation and adult education standards
* Attends internal and external meetings as an Instructional Design expert
* Provides weekly updates of course activities to the curriculum manager
* Provides the necessary support and guidance to achieve and retain all FLETA accreditation requirements for the Program Office
* Participates in every facet of the Instruction Design process with some supervision and guidance
* Employee will require some supervision and has a growing opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
* Bachelor's degree with a concentration in adult learning, education or curriculum development, together with six (6) years of experience in curriculum design and development
* Must possess certifications and/or degrees in education or instructional design
* Specialized knowledge or professional experience in several of the following: instructional systems design, education and adult learning principles, cooperative learning, programming and authoring tools, graphic arts and media design and educational product evaluation
* Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in training and course development
* Demonstrated experience working in all five phases of the Instructional Systems Design model
* Demonstrated experience creating assessments
* Excellent writing, proofreading and design skills to develop training course materials
* Must possess excellent written and spoken use of the English language
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; and attention to detail
* Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
* Familiarity with SharePoint
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance (a TOP Secret clearance may be required).
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
Pay Type: Salary
Location: All Native Managed Services Company, Dunn Loring, Virginia, United States of America
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!