ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Human Resources - Alexandria, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Reporting to the Vice President of Administration, the Director of Human Resources will collaboratively develop and implement approved organizational strategies for all aspects of Human Resources. Provides guidance to Executive Team in understanding Organizational Development, HR, Compensation, Benefits, and other workforce strategies and programs. Recommends appropriate actions to ensure Federal compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides strategic direction for company programs
- Oversees design and development of workforce strategies, policies, procedures, and programs in areas of organizational development, employee benefit programs (including health & welfare plans, retirement plans, workers' compensation and employee health), compensation, staffing & workforce planning to align with organizational philosophy and business objectives
- Provides guidance to Executive Team in understanding Organizational Development, HR, Compensation, Benefits, and other workforce strategies and programs.
- Recommends appropriate actions to ensure Federal compliance.
- Administration, Management and Organizational Development:
- Develop an HR department focusing on the human capital management areas of a revenue generating workforce.
- Update and maintain policies and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to streamline organizational processes and for best business practices.
- Will identify and coordinate resources, set and maintain HR policies and procedures.
- Direct strategic HR/OD projects. Design and provide reports and analysis for Executive Team.
- Compensation and Benefits
- Knowledge of appropriate statues including FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Title VII, and other applicable laws.
- Design and deliver compensation and benefit programs that support the company’s ability to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
- Manage different features of the compensation function including but not limited to annual cycles, analysis, benchmarking, salary structure, and market data analysis, for market competitiveness.
- Develop and drive metrics to assess compensation program effectiveness and present to Executive Team.
- Identify and suggest modifications to existing plans to maintain company’s competitive position in labor market. Implements approved new plans and changes by partnering with vendors, internal HR and payroll teams.
- Prepares announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating plan information to employees.
- Assures benefit program compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Service Contract Act (SCA) Administration
- Identify risk associated with workforce concerns and SCA-related business decisions; conduct audits to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for annual review of SCA rates and changes, and appropriate filings with government if appropriate.
- Map challenging SCA labor categories for non-exempt positions for company’s employees.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, including EEO, OFCCP, FLSA, ERISA, ADA, FMLA, Workers Comp, and OSHA, as well as legal requirements as they relate to payroll, benefits, and administrative policy compliance.
- Oversee the execution and delivery training for employees on various HR topics, including ethics, labor laws, policies, and procedures.
- Employee Relations
- Provide coaching and guidance to company’s Executive Team, Directors and Program Managers regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations.
- Analyze findings and review trends with senior management and recommend actions to ensure positive organizational changes.
- Recruitment, Diversity and Inclusion
- Work with company’s Directors and Program Managers to create and maintain workforce staffing plans.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled talent are hired.
- Collaborate with Capability Directors and Proposal teams to staff proposals and new programs.
- Create frameworks and metrics for diversity programs to identify opportunities and measure their business impact.
- Develop creative reporting and analysis and present innovative ideas to enhance programs.
- Partner with Recruitment to raise awareness and engage internal and external stakeholders for all diversity and inclusion initiatives.
· Ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business
· Fosters teamwork and builds collaborative relationships
· Empowers others
· Ability to develop others
· Manages performance
· Influencing others
· Information gathering
· Analytical thinking
· Strategic thinking
· Stress management
This position oversees the day-to-day activities of the ANG HR team (recruiters, generalists, assistants, analysts, etc.)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
· Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
· Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
· Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
· Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is expected up to 25% of the time for this position.
· 5 or more years’ experience working in the Human Resources field required
· 5 years’ experience working in a federal contracting environment required
· 5 years’ experience managing Service Contract Act (SCA) activities required
· International HR experience (OCONUS), preferred
· Proven supervision, leadership and coaching skills.
· Operations experience outside of HR is a plus
· Experience with HRIS systems, specifically Ceridian Dayforce, a plus
· Deltek Costpoint, MS SharePoint
· Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, retention, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
· Experience in Service Contract Act, Family Medical Leave Act, American Disabilities Act, and Title VII.
· Experience with federal & state government agencies.
· Experience in creating performance metrics for measuring program effectiveness
· Excellent project management skills
· Proficient in SharePoint & all Microsoft Office Suite applications
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Human Resources or related field from a four-year accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
· PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification, through World at Work, preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Conflict Management skills to resolves challenges in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
- Partnering and collaboration skills to develop networks, build alliances, engage in cross-functional activities and find common ground with stakeholders.
- Sound business ethics/integrity and a commitment to corporate responsibility.
- Critical thinking-using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches to problems.
- Stability-the tendency to handle stress, maintain an even temperament and demonstrate confidence across most situations while ensuring transparency within the company.
None required for this position
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned