Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist with Banking BKG.
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Banking Division has an opening for a Human Resources Generalist with Banking Background for a bank located in the Miami, FL area. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating the organization’s recruitment, and talent management. The incumbent will be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide and maintain the organization with the best talent by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the bank’s industry. This position will serve as the right-hand for the VP, Human Resource Manager in all functions of the human resources department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Develops and conducts strategies to ensure the company established a full life cycle recruiting method.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Facilitates or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Responds to employee relation’s issues, recommends appropriate course of actions to be taken based on policies established.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data, coaches and recommends to the management team the corrective action and continuous improvement
- Maintains working relationship with supervisors, managers, officers and senior management and adheres to employment law by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
- Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with recruiting and talent management.
- Serves a department payroll backup and assists with other payroll functions.
- Works directly with the VP of HR on programs to help improve the employee engagement experience and identifies ways to improve the policies and procedures in place.
- Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Experience establishing, communicating and achieving operational goals associated with the priorities of the Division
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, knowledge of computer applications for data analysis and reporting
- Experience in strategic planning and policy development
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, manage time effectively and set priorities
- Legal compliance knowledge and ability to stay up to date with changes.
- Comfort around Senior Management and managerial courage
- Ability to work effectively with multi-cultural teams at all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative, and work to plan.
- Highly proficient analytical, organizational, and strong project management skills.
- Adaptation/Flexibility: Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/ Results Driven: Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/ Decision Making: Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management: Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team Work: Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
- Three to five years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist role.
- Two – three years of experience managing payroll systems, preferably ADP software application.
- Two-three years of experience managing a learning management system (LMS), preferably Cornerstone software application.
- Banking experience preferred; banking compliance regulations.
- Additional Preferred Eligibility Qualifications
- Background in employment law.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
- Strong functional and technical HR skills; HR Generalist experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable with data and can analyze, interpret and make educated/logical recommendations from it.
- Excellent computer skills and MS Office tools.
- Knowledge and experience with HRIS/Payroll systems, ADP preferred.
- Must have experience in handling sensitive, confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in both English and Spanish, including the desire to ask questions, challenge and lead others.
- Must have interpersonal skills in facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
Local travel to various branches is required.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Miami, FL area.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.