Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Human Resources - Comp & Benefits, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
$4,447.42 - $5,311.81 Biweekly
$9,636.08 - $11,508.92 Monthly
$115,633.00 - $138,107.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 03/01/19
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
AC Transit is currently seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Payroll Manager. Under general direction, the Payroll Manager maintains primary responsibility for all functions, activities, and staff of the Payroll unit of the Finance department, and performs unit tasks at all functional levels, as required. This is a wonderful opportunity for career growth and an opportunity to work at one of largest bus agencies in California. In addition to being a premier public transit agency, AC Transit has excellent benefits that include pension, medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick leave and 457 deferred compensation.
• Maintains responsibility for the integrity and proper functioning of all payroll related functions and systems, including weekly and semi-monthly payroll production, system upgrades, and conversions.
• Provides scheduling, assignments, work direction, monitoring, and training to all clerical and professional staff of the Payroll unit.
• Analyzes, interprets, and appropriately applies federal and state laws regarding payroll reporting and record keeping; and monitors activities required for the timely filing of federal and state quarterly and annual reports and tax deposits to ensure compliance.
• Reviews payroll computations to ensure accuracy, and compliance with state and federal tax regulations.
• Analyzes District payroll functions and processes; and develops new policies and procedures in collaboration with the Controller and/or CFO to increase unit efficiency and attain cost savings.
• Monitors the collection and disbursement of involuntary deductions (levies), as well as unemployment reporting, and union benefits.
• Communicates and collaborates with staff of other Finance department units, as well as other District departments including Human Resources and Information Services.
• Interprets and appropriately applies applicable provisions of all Collective Bargaining Agreements, and maintains communications with union officials.
• Reports unusual occurrences or problem transactions to the Controller and/or CFO, and other District departments as required.
• Complies with all requests from internal and external auditors, and provides data, documentation, and information in a timely manner.
• Writes monthly reports and prepares related documentation regarding unit activities.
• Maintains and audits and control logs for payroll check disbursements.
• Performs related duties, as required.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field.
Experience: Six (6) years of recent and verifiable professional level experience in one or more of the following fields: payroll, accounting, finance, or budgeting that included a minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory and administrative capacity in an agency or company with at least 1,000 employees.
Highly Desirable: Advanced experience with PeopleSoft. Status as a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is highly preferred.
THIS POSITION IS AN UNREPRESENTED AT-WILL POSITION
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1416907
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job-related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
Benefits: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
Equal Opportunity Employer