Akron Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Akron Children's Hospital
The Payroll Director is responsible for all aspects of payroll operations for the health system. Oversees payroll processes and procedures including taxes and finance demands regarding payroll payments. A
Payroll Director designs short-term and long-term strategies for continuous improvement in payroll operations. The Payroll Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader accounting departmental function. Deep knowledge of the payroll regulations and the ability to direct, organize, evaluate and control the personnel and processes related to payroll functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Directing and managing payroll organization for providing accurate and timely processing of the payroll for ensuring the integrity of financial accounting system.
2. Controlling all payroll processing objectives.
3. Corporate payroll planning and strategy and communication, marketing, payroll function and related services.
4. Establishing requirements for the internal control and procedures for protecting the assets of the company and determining new procedures and controls for addressing the companys growth.
5. Interacting on a regular basis with the senior management and external customers for integrating solutions that address the companys goals.
6. Establish payroll strategy and vision for aligning with the shared services, zone consolidation and other corporate initiatives.
7. Support the payroll management for resolving all the payment issues with benefits, human resources, consultants, technical resources etc.
8. Stay current on state and federal laws that govern reporting of wages, taxation, garnishments, withholds from wages, taxation and reporting requirements, etc.
9. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in payroll administration is required.
2. Experience in accounting is required.
3. Experience in healthcare payroll is preferred.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] is required as well as payroll processing within an ERP system.
6. Management experience is required.
7. Superb organizational skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting is required. Masters degree is preferred.
2. Years of relevant experience: minimum of 5 is required.
3. Years of experience supervising: minimum 5 years is required
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and speak.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
· This position is performed in an office setting, five days a week with typical work hours being 8.00a through 5.00p.
· Overtime required during a critical periods including quarterly and annual reporting and closing the related governmental filings as well as system upgrades.