Agua Fria Union School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Coordinator
at Agua Fria Union School District
Job Reference #: 2084
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Human Resources - Generalists, Human Resources - Recruitment/Staffing, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 5/21/2019
- Human Resources Coordinator JobID: 2084
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
until filled Additional Information:
- General Description:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent; associates degree or higher is preferable.
- Must possess ability to operate a computer and standard office machines.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Publisher and Access if possible)
- Must be able to learn and use in-house programs such as VISIONS, etc.
- Must possess ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, staff and general public.
- Must be self-directed and capable of working in a collaborative decision making management system.
- Knowledge of and adheres to all District policies, regulations, and rules.
- Possess the ability to perform multiple and technical tasks and prioritize functions to meet constantly changing department needs.
- Possess excellent communication skills, be professional, proactive, and maintain confidentiality.
- Exercise leadership in the support of the planning, implementation and long-range goals of the District.
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, accuracy and timelines required.
- Biliterate/bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above as the Governing Board and the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Provides backup in Benefits Coordinator’s absence. Understand benefit programs and communicate accurate information to employees.
- Supervises job postings in printed and electronic format and internet.
- Monitoring the processing of all personnel documents
- Prepares and publishes contracts and supervises preparation of notice of appointments.
- Provides training and assistance regarding Applitrack, VISIONS and AESOP.
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring of all certified and administrative staff.
- Identifies problems with database management policies, procedures and provides input into their revision.
- Provides assistance to users of information regarding data requirements and status of paperwork. Answer questions and interpret policies relating to employment of personnel.
- Trains other personnel in the Human Resources Department.
- Process all certified and administrative applications (e.g., reference checks, background checks, collection of pertinent documentation) for the purpose of meeting District and governmental eligibility requirements.
- Enter and maintain all certified and administrative employee records in Visions system and automated web based systems.
- Routinely prepares the personnel database used for input into the memorandum for Governing Board approval, including appropriate backup documentation.
- Prepare and update new hire forms and conduct initial paperwork processing meetings with new employees including preparing and issuing letters of intent, employment contracts, and/or addenda for certified and administrative staff.
- Process Personnel Actions Requests (PARS), both electronically and paper, to ensure completeness including 10-key calculations for all prorated amounts.
- Monitor certified and administrative staff for valid fingerprint clearance and certification.
- Collect and maintain certified and administrative staff evaluations including sending reminders to supervisors.
- Process out administrative and certified employees who have resigned, retired, or been terminated.
- Record, monitor, and check Individual Professional Growth applications and records for professional growth for approval by Executive Director of Human Resources.
- Supervise and ensure maintenance of current and accurate e-verify and I-9 documentation and background check information in files separate from personnel files.
- Update and maintain current personnel files and records of all certified and administrative employees, ensuring that all information is accurate and in compliance with District, state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for Supervision of recordkeeping and clerical functions (e.g., filing, inventory, calendars, scheduling, copying, and faxing) for the purpose of documentation, providing reliable information, and supporting department personnel with necessary materials.
- Prepare and process written materials such as reports, memos, letters, timesheets, and requisitions.
- Assist with research of various topics such as current practices, salary benchmarking, or other items as assigned.
- Participate in technology training, workshops, meetings, and seminars to ensure continuing professional development and legal compliance.
- Assist the Executive Director of Human Resources, administration, and other personnel as assigned in completion of work activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Human Resources Coordinator
Classified Exempt New Hire Compensation Guide
Classified Exempt New Hire Compensation Guide
The Human Resources Coordinator assists the Executive Director of Human Resources by providing oversight of the Human Resources Department, including supervision of staff, preparing personnel reports, assisting in the personnel process. Coordinator supports the educational philosophy and objectives of the District and provides leadership in developing, achieving, and maintaining the best possible educational environment in accordance with the District’s philosophy and objectives. The Coordinator completes special projects covering a wide variety of areas as assigned by the Superintendent and the Executive Director of Human Resources.
FLSA – Exempt
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!