Adams County Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P&C Business Partner
at Adams County Government
What Success Looks Like In This Job
Helps support the People and Culture Services Departments in creating trusted partnerships through guidance and service to the Sheriff's Office and on occasion, other departments or offices in the County. Performs a variety of professional, technical, and analytical work in contributing to employee relations, fitness for duty, compensation, compliance, and other related HR areas, under general supervision. Partners with others at all levels throughout the organization on organizational strategies and programs to support the mission(s).
This particular position will provide support to multiple client groups, but mainly the Adams County Sheriff's Office as well as the Community Safety and Well Being Department.
Examples of Duties for Success
- Assists the People and Culture Services Managers within all areas of Human Resources.
- May sit in on IA interviews and provide summary reports and recommendations.
- Acts as an internal consultant, by providing responsible, professional, and technical support and guidance to assigned client groups, (and others as needed), on HR issues including recruitment, disciplinary and coaching needs, employee relations, leave administration, and policy development/interpretation.
- Assists the recruitment team and the office in the recruitment process by coaching and training, participating in interviews, attending job fairs, and working with managers to implement policies and strategies to support the selection of qualified candidates in a timely manner.
- Assists in the development of retention strategies and participates, leads, and/or organizes projects associated with retention.
- Assists in the delivery and facilitation of new hire orientation, employee recognition events, cultural enhancement activities, organizational effectiveness events and special projects.
- Collaborates with others to maintain job descriptions for the assigned client groups; works with classification committee when job descriptions or status of positions change.
- Conducts employee relations investigations, prepares reports summarizing findings, and makes recommendations for appropriate action.
- Reviews corrective and disciplinary action documents, helps to prepare and schedule disciplinary or investigatory meetings; coaches and trains leadership on disciplinary issues and performance improvement plans.
- Assists with the strategic initiatives of the People and Culture Services Departments including performance management, process improvements, and streamlining processes.
- May exercise some supervision over staff in the absence of the People and Culture Services Managers and may occasionally supervise interns.
- Maintain compliance with pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Performs special studies, projects, and tasks as assigned and required.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Skill / Requirements
Qualifications for Success
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive and diversified Human Resources experience, including employee relations.
- HR Experience in a law enforcement environment is preferred (client groups will include Sheriff's Office and Community Safety and Well Being).
- Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- The following contingencies may also be considered:
- A Master's Degree and two years of experience in the Human Resources management field;
- OR a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the Human Resources field;
- OR any similar combination of education and experience.
- License or Certificate:
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain a valid Colorado Driver's License and insurance.
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM CP/SHRM SCP certification desired.
- Background Check: Must pass a CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) fingerprint-based criminal background check.
More Qualifications for Success
Please apply at the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/adams/jobs/2432080/pc-business-partner?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs