Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Partner
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting all efforts related to the district’s strategic plan including directing recruitment efforts, work-force development, hiring processes, performance/evaluation systems, training and advising administrators in labor and employment matters. The HR Partner will have knowledge of district, state and federal policies and regulations, including EEOC, Fair Labor Standards, ADA, workers’ compensation and unemployment. Assist with federal and state reporting. Responsible for conducting and/or assisting with personnel investigations, disciplining employees and assisting with administering grievance procedures. Ensure that all employees are qualified and skilled for their positions as defined by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide support to the hiring of district staff. Includes overseeing personnel requisitions and job postings, screening and interviewing processes, reference checks, criminal background checks, denial of employment and facilitation of principal and administrator hiring processes.
2. Train and provide guidance to principals and supervisors on staffing plan, viable applicants, and hiring decisions. Analyze various employment data to strategically support sites with personnel decisions. Disseminate reports and facilitate discussions with individual sites to determine best practices related to recruitment and hiring.
3. Train and advise administrators in labor and employment matters including employee performance evaluations, growth plans, remediation plans, non-renewals, staff reduction and dismissal; employee discipline and documentation; compliance with BOE policy, federal and state laws, and master agreements.
4. Provide support and assistance to district personnel by investigating and addressing employee relations matters, including facilitating resolutions.
5. Analyze, review and disseminate data to School Leadership in the areas of turnover, staff retention, substitute fill rates, attendance and exit interview survey results.
6. Assist with the administration of grievance procedures for all employee groups.
7. Recruit new staff to the District by attending job fairs and conferences, developing promotional materials, reviewing resumes, presenting at area colleges and working with Human Resources staff on innovative recruitment practices internally and externally.
8. Assist with reporting to federal and state agencies.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Education, School Administration or related field preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Education, or related field required.
• Minimum of five years of experience in human resources, school administration, or related field
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• PHR/SPHR/SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP preferred
• Criminal background check required for hire
Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees’ education and/or work experience.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.