Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Support Specialist
at Acumen Inc.
Acumen, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do.
We are hiring for a Payroll Specialist Support. This position supports our payroll team with the processing of accurate and timely payroll.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collect, name, and file non-forms on crucial and non-crucial processing days by designated deadline
- Create, print, post, and mail semi-monthly and monthly account statements, while ensuring accuracy of reports
- Assist and respond with large email caseload
- Assist with the creation of pre-filled time sheets
- Verify timesheets in tele-form and process non-forms on an as-needed basis
- Verify data in PDF against data in AFA on an as-needed basis
- Answer phones from customer service as well as make calls to employers
- Assist with Laserfiche filing and organization
- As needed, provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort and success by accomplishing goals and objectives
- Ability to handle customer inquiries via phone and e-mail in fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and meet rigid deadlines
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient data entry with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Exel.
- Task oriented.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to Prioritizing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Works well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to occasionally work a shift other than normal to meet department needs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Completion of some accounting college courses, or FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification), degree preferred.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.