ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Coordinator
at ABM Industries Inc
The HR Coordinator handles all HR related functions for large multi-site/service system, national account, large complex single location account or those with unionized workers. Includes payroll, benefits, administration of labor contracts, training, employee relations, recruiting, etc. Role focuses on hourly workforce. May supervise other clerical professionals. Advises unit level management regarding policies and programs including recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, compensation management, benefits administration, training, AAP/EEO, and special projects. May contribute to the development of unit specific policies or programs.
- Recruitment and On-boarding
- Manages the hiring and selection process of front-line staff; may assist the corporate recruiter with the selection process of administrative and management staff.
- Works with management to identify front-line recruitment needs and develops a recruiting plan which includes posting and advertising of jobs.
- Maintains compliance with internal hiring practices and external employment law applications.
- Completes/coordinates pre-employment assessments, background and reference checks, and drug/employee health screen.
- Negotiates wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates within company guidelines, and prepares/makes employment offer.
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of new hire paperwork and submits to the corporate office. Ensures I-9 and eVerify compliance.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation and regular follow-up with new employees and managers to ensure a smooth on-boarding experience.
- Working with Client Human Resources, schedules new employees for Client orientation.
- Administers Human Resource plans and procedures in compliance with Corporate direction; assists in development and implementation of local HR policies and procedures and maintaining the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Facilitates a timely and thorough investigation and processing of employee concerns/complaints and gathering of information for claims of harassment, discrimination or unfair treatment. Advise management staff in appropriate application of HHA policies and employment law. Obtains approval from Corporate HR on actions resulting in suspension or discharge of employee.
- Interpret & apply understanding of corporate policy, employment law, and other regulations to provide immediate advice, guidance or clarification for ER inquiries.
Employee Development & Performance Management
- Ensure compliance with the performance management process. Partner with leaders to develop account specific evaluation tools.
- Scheduling and tracking of training.
- Participate in delivery of employee training modules when needed.
- Provides general benefits and enrollment information for all on site associates. Coordinates timely enrollments and terminations with the corporate office.
- With the corporate office, coordinates enrollment meetings with new associates, at the time of hire, and current associates, as needed, to review benefit packages and provide needed information and instruction on benefit enrollment and use.
- Initiates Employee Change forms and Termination Requests and assures proper approvals at account level prior to submitting to Corporate HR.
- Tracks sick/personal and vacation accrual and usage.
- Coordinates/facilities employee/supervisor time entry and access with payroll. May submit supervisor approved time to corporate payroll.
Workers Compensation Injuries/ LOA’s
- Works as the liaison between the company and the medical facility on all WC injuries and treatment. On the job injuries requiring employee health services treatment are coordinated by this position.
- Ensures proper reporting of on the job illnesses and injuries through the Risk Console.
- Create and maintain employee files. Perform audits on personnel records to maintain state and federal standards and regulatory (Joint Commission, DNV, or HFAP compliance).
- Works closely with Client Human Resources to ensure our human resources practices align with their requirements including regulatory compliance. Participates in regulatory readiness activities including reporting at time of survey or review.
- Tracks annual educational and employee health requirements (e.g., TB test, fit-test, immunizations) and ensures compliance with client/regulatory requirements.
- A BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years prior Human Resource experience including, recruitment and employee relations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in English