Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ability Beyond
We are currently seeking an energetic and outgoing Employment Specialist to join the Ability Beyond Career Development Team! You will be responsible for assisting individuals with developmental disabilities to find integrated, competitive employment in their community. This is a BRS Funded Employment Specialist position in the Greater Waterbury area. You will network to identify opportunities in the individual’s preferred field, provide supplemental training for the individuals on the job, and provide support to help individuals maintain their employment.
- Goal setting with individuals on caseload
- Working on resume writing and interview skill building, including conducting mock interviews
- Networking assistance and soft skills coaching in preperation for varying job settings
- Building relationships with area businesses to assist with job placements and community support
- Documentation of services provided, progress notes, and community interaction
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get into human services, recent college grads or anyone looking for a career change. The ideal candidate is a positive person who loves networking and meeting new people, and is familiar with the local area. The ideal candidate for this position will be energetic, goal-oriented and adaptable who is able to work well with a team but can also succeed autonomously.