ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Leader in Training
at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Leader in Training (LIT)
The Leader in Training is an exciting developmental position to develop future Store Leaders. LIT candidates have successfully led in other retail environments and will learn the “ABC way” of doing business to become successful store leaders. Upon completion of the training period, which varies by individual and store, candidates are eligible to promote to Assistant Manager and then to Store Manager; ABC’s policy is to promote from within. The timeframe to promote is dependent on open position availability and the location preferences of the candidate. LIT’s have the desire to lead and coach others while working with our guests and ensuring they have a memorable experience, encouraging product sales and repeat business. They learn and apply ABC Fine Wine & Spirits’ store operating procedures, and work closely with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager.
- Individuals will be required to adhere to and follow the Developmental Time Line as well as gain proficiency in the LIT Core Competencies. Documents detailing these standards will be given upon hire.
- Some travel is required as LIT’s will be transferred or scheduled to work in multiple stores within their area to acquire necessary training and experience. Reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record are required.
- LIT’s should become qualified to promote after their first 6 months of employment, at which time they will be evaluated for future assignment. Evaluations can occur as early as 90 days should the candidate advance quickly through the training process.
- Serve as Manager on Duty, open and close the store, assist the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in overseeing store operations
- LIT’s will learn and perform the responsibilities of each store position (associate, shift leader, sales consultant), including tasks listed below
- Greet every guest as they enter the store and provide friendly, prompt, fun, and courteous service
- Operate a Point-of-Sale terminal to process guest transactions, with accurate cash handling, other tender acceptance, and applying coupons or discounts in accordance with company procedures; also handle opening and closing functions including reconciliation.
- Attend onsite and online training to gain knowledge of management practices as well as knowledge of products and services such as our Sourced & Certified products.
- Maintain Responsible Vendor status throughout your employment, for alcohol & tobacco purchases while operating POS, wine taps, growler station or tasting tables by checking proper forms of identification for age verification
- Train, coach and direct other sales associates when acting as Manager on Duty to promote exceptional customers service and follow store operation procedures.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of property cleanliness; including pick-up or sweeping of debris inside and outside, emptying trash receptacles, collecting shopping carts from the parking lot, and cleaning restrooms
- Provide wrapping service for ABC products and assemble custom gift baskets, and provide carry-out service when needed
- Unload and put away weekly truck deliveries. Merchandise and display product on store shelves and beer coolers in accordance with Operational Guidelines, restocking with product from the stockrooms as needed
- Perform other tasks/projects as assigned by store management team
- Candidates should be 21 years of age or older
- Able to work a flexible schedule as business requires, night and weekends, especially during holidays. Some travel is required between multiple stores as needed.
- 2 or more years of college or technical school education in business or related course of study; high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Candidates should have 1 or more years of experience and/or training in a leadership role in a retail environment or related industry.
Physical Requirements ( With or without accommodation):
- Must be able to remain standing for long periods upwards of 8 hours at a time, frequently move about throughout the store
- Must frequently lift and/or transport up to 35 pounds throughout the store including through any stockrooms or backroom on premises
- Occasionally ascends and descends ladders and step stools to safely access stockroom and floor shelves as needed
*Full position description provided upon request during the interview process.
Our Mission is: “We make everyday celebrations better while enriching the lives of team members and by contributing to organizations that benefit families in the communities we serve.”
Experience our Core Values: Respect, Empower, Inspire!
- Respect our mission, our guests and each other
- Empower each other to make an impact, no matter how small
- Inspire and support our Team Members and the communities they serve
Come join this family-owned, growth-oriented organization today! You will receive outstanding benefits with your compensation, which include:
- PAID VACATION AND PTO
- INCENTIVE COMPENSATION PROGRAM
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- ABC UNIVERSITY - GREAT WINE, SPIRITS, BEER, CIGAR TRAINING
- EXCELLENT HEALTH INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUAL FAMILY
- DENTAL AND VISION PLANS
- COMPANY-MATCH 401K PROGRAM
- EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS ON WINE AND SPIRITS
- WELLNESS COACHING WITH NUTRITIONAL EXPERT, DR. CATE
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
Complete your online application today at www.abcfws.com/careers. We look forward to helping you take the first step towards a successful ABC career!
Equal Employment Opportunity
ABC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law (“protected status”).
ABC is an alcohol-free, drug-free workplace.