Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
We are looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the payroll for a highly touted software development firm. You will be the one to calculate wages based on hours worked and administer payments.
- Gathering information on hours worked for each employee
- Calculating the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system
- Receiving approval from upper management for payments when needed
- Preparing and executing pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
- Administering statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
- Processing taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keeping track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Addressing issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
- Preparing reports for upper management or finance department etc.
- Proven experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Kronos, Payforce) and databases
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus