A Place for Mom, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at A Place for Mom, Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is involved in various programs such as employee recognition, on-boarding, new hire orientation, performance evaluation, and human resource training and development.
The Human Resources Generalist ensures compliance with corporate policy, with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws as well as educates employees regarding the provisions of laws and rules governing various types of leave use, including the Family and Medical Leave Act. The Human Resources Generalist provides best practices to the executive level and all managers regarding complaint resolution options and provides guidance when responding to employee grievances. The Human Resources Generalist partners with managers on solving people-related business problems by understanding issues, considering possible exceptions and implementing appropriate and necessary changes.
The individual helps in assessing and developing talent. The Human Resources Generalist also provides feedback during the year, to evaluate individual and group performance. This position reports to the Manager, Human Resources.
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience is required
- Experience with ADP is required
- Experience working with staff at all levels including C-level executives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including great attention to detail and responsiveness
- Ability to develop and foster employee relationships
- Successful experience working in a fast paced environment
- A sense of immediacy, ability to manage competing demands will maintaining adaptability and flexibility
- Strong organizational, time management and process management skills necessary to maintain workload
- Strong technical skills, specifically in MS Office Suite; experience with a client management system (CRM) is preferred.
- Performance management
- Training management
- Maintaining employee files
- Resolving conflict
- Employment law
- Project management
- Office experience - general, reporting skills, verbal communication, and administrative writing skills
- Bachelor's degree is required
- PHR and SPHR are strongly preferred
The position is a salaried, exempt position.