A. Duie Pyle
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A. Duie Pyle
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process new hire and employee changes, such as pay rate/salary, transfers, terminations, etc.
- Maintain all employee records; ensure employee changes are entered accurately, timely and are duly authorized
- Confirm direct deposit information
- Administer all garnishments and other payroll deductions
- Edit daily time clock, including working directly with supervisors in error resolution
- Process special pays and various types of bonuses
- Update weekly employee time off calendars with missed time and time used
- Process weekly, monthly and quarterly payroll reports as needed
- Process payroll transmission to Bank
- Process 401K transmission to provider as needed
- Coordinate with Accounting for proper GL modification
- Answering questions or issues about payroll
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of local, state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirement
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management
- Maintains a confidential work environment
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Excellent judgement skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Associates degree preferred
- Three plus years in a payroll department performing all payroll functions; Three years additional experience in lieu of Associates degree.
- Prior experience with payroll processing systems; experience with UltiPro Payroll Software preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sitting at desk for long periods of time
- Viewing PC monitor and using keyboard for long periods of time
- Using telephone headset / handset
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Large screen monitors for viewing ease
- Well-lighted environment.
- Spacious cubicles.