Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Simpleview, Inc.
Title: Payroll/HRIS Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hardworking and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hardworking team an independent, talented, top-notch Payroll/HRIS Clerk with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
The Payroll/HRIS Administrator is a key member of the HR team and is responsible for the overall management, compliance, and administration of employee payroll and compensation programs. Responsibilities also include administration of the 401K program and ad-hoc reporting.
- Processes timely and accurate distribution of multi-state payroll including commission payouts.
- Review electronic time sheets, reports, accruals, deductions, and other information.
- Research and reconcile payroll adjustments and tax issues,
- Maintain employee payroll files; integrity of payroll database, periodic registers, and all related payroll reports.
- Monitors leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick time for employees.
- Respond to and process correct garnishment calculations and compliance, support orders, tax levies in our ADP payroll system.
- Train new and existing employees in the use of the ADP Portal and Timekeeping Module
- Administer the 401(k) plan, ensuring accurate and timely processing of employee deductions, payments, and notifications within regulations. Manage payments and funding needs; journalize and reconcile the 401(k) accounts. Preserve all 401(k) documentation. Lead annual external audit, including preparing reports and obtaining documents. Manage distribution requests and employee inquiries including loans
- Maintains HRIS database, prepare reports as needed and requested.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry of new hire information, changes, or terminations in the ADP system and carrier websites.
- Assist employees with any payroll or compensation related inquiries.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Assist with audits, month end reporting, and year-end preparation and processes
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry of new hire information, changes, or terminations in the HRIS system and carrier websites.
- Participate in a variety of HR special projects as needed throughout the year (Open Enrollment, Wellness Fairs, Company events, etc).
- Day one tax and payroll paperwork with new hires.
- I9 management
- Associates’ Degree in Business or related field, Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Minimum two to four years of prior experience in payroll and HRIS utilization (ADP experience preferred).
- Strong systems management skills and report manipulation in Excel.
- Strong knowledge of all federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, including ERISA, ADA, 401 K, and DOL/FLSA requirements.
- Exceptional organizational skills; must be highly organized, and provide excellent follow-up
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with a personal commitment to producing the highest quality work
- Ability to work independently and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Documents, G-Drive, Forms, Sheets, Slides) as well as Word, and Excel.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our career page.