Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Media Specialist
at Simpleview, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Human Resources - Training & Development, IT - Hardware/Networking, Telecommunications, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES, IT - ALL CATEGORIES
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hardworking and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hardworking team an independent, talented, top-notch Instructional Media Specialist with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
The Instructional Media Specialist is responsible for supporting Simpleview’s training and education teams. This would be done by producing video-based training material across Simpleview’s software portfolio. Working alongside of other Product Education team members, the Specialist would incorporate their work to develop comprehensive, engaging curriculum packages for staff and clients to expand their knowledge of Simpleview’s products and services.
A successful applicant will have extensive experience with designing, editing and implementing digital video elements, preferably for technical education purposes. Applicants should also be able to multi-task concurrent projects with little supervision. This role requires excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to correspond with internal management, team members and clients to ensure that training documentation and presentations are accurate, timely and of high quality.
The Instructional Media Specialist reports to the Director of Product Education and will play a crucial part in supporting the overall Product department through a variety of organizational and analytical tasks.
- Develops video-based training material around new features and functionality in Simpleview product lines, such as the Simpleview CRM and CMS.
- Updates, edits and maintains existing training content on an ongoing basis, including animated screenshots, short-form training videos and interactive eLearning content for client certification efforts.
- Partners with Product Education and Curriculum Specialists, subject matter experts (SMEs) and other key stakeholders to identify training content needs against required timelines.
- Supports and provides input to the design of new training plans and curriculum.
- Assists with the overall company’s production and support needs around training and education.
- Attends meetings with Simpleview departments to learn about projects, campaigns, and requirements.
- Three or more years of experience with designing and developing video content in a professional setting.
- Proficiency with word processing programs and other office-focused software/equipment, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with excellent time-management practices and the ability to prioritize work independently.
- Independent self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development; this includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help develop technical content.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to identify and resolve issues with strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new applications, training provided.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Able to obtain a U.S. Passport and travel for on-site training and production opportunities.
- Ability to supply portfolio of media production work, upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience developing job aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials.
- Experience with eLearning development tools, such as Camtasia and Snagit.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite development software, such as Photoshop.
- Experience developing and supporting training for technical/IT-related positions.
- Applicable and professional experience in the tourism or technology industries.
- Basic understanding of operations and practices by destination marketing organizations.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our website, https://www.simpleviewinc.com/our-world/staff/join-our-team/