Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Employee Learning and Development Director
at Simpleview, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Human Resources - Management, Human Resources - Training & Development, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard-working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard-working team an independent, talented, top-notch Employee Learning and Development Director with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
The Director will be a thought leader, coach, mentor, and internal consultant enhancing management, employee and team capabilities. This leader will develop, implement, manage, and measure learning and development initiatives and projects that directly support the highest priority business objectives and drive key results for the company. The L&D Director must have a diverse set of skills and will play many roles, such as an L&D visionary, content researcher, subject matter expert, project manager, instructional designer, trainer/facilitator, vendor/partner manager, change agent, and influencer.
The role oversees the implementation of internal leadership, management and employee skill and development programs. This leader will partner with senior management to develop, and manage, as well as bring in house dynamic solutions for the development of all. As such, experience developing multiple learning channels for early tenure job skills, ongoing information transfer for tenured populations and focusing on management and leadership development will be crucial for the success of this position.
- Partners with Operations and Human Resources teams to create a development strategy and execution plan that inspires business and professional growth for all SV Staff.
- Partner with managers and directors to define learning & development strategies that have broad application across various functions.
- Partner with senior-level leaders to identify training needs and provide holistic solutions to close capability gaps.
- Meet and engage subject matter experts, key partners, senior leaders, and learners to conduct needs analyses, define requirements, and develop content for a variety of learning programs and tools.
- Develops, monitors, & manages the annual internal training budget.
- Researches and recommends emerging learning technologies, methodologies, and 3rd party partners.
- Presents training before large and small groups as needed.
- Supervises the coordination, communication, delivery and follow-up associated with training events.
- Directs other L&D outside consultants and vendors to ensure products and services support the company goals and objectives.
- Utilizes internal and external resources to develop, administer, and optimize learning experiences and programs from onboarding through an individual's growth within the role, and promotions.
- Employs varied methods of learning delivery to accommodate multiple learning styles and information needs
- Conducts needs analysis, design, development, execution and ongoing program management and evaluation.
- Leverages technical expertise/experience and organizational knowledge to lead the development, coordination, and implementation of critical programs within the organization.
- Follows industry trends, provides thought leadership, and makes recommendations for technology, learning programs and activities to encourage management and staff engagement, retention, inclusion and growth.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Post-graduate qualifications in Industrial / Organizational Psychology or Organizational Development desirable.
- 10+ years in the Adult Learning & Development field.
- High growth, technology organization experience required, SaaS experience preferred
- Significant working knowledge and experience of adult learning theory, training methodology, and experiential learning techniques.
- MUST have a “CAN DO” attitude” and be comfortable in a very fluid environment
- Ability to consult with leadership throughout the organization, up to the executive level, to assess department L&D needs and formulate plans to address those needs.
- Uses insights & data to articulate success and sustainability strategy for assigned programs.
- A successful track record of designing, developing, and delivering curriculum
- Ability to lead the creation of learning solutions by others, using appropriate learning strategies, including instructor-led learning, web-based, virtual, and hands-on learning.
- Effectiveness working at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Demonstrated skills in training and facilitation before large and small groups.
- Demonstrated skills in webinar facilitation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office & webinar technology.
- Highly articulate communication skills. Writes well-structured and persuasive end products, probes deep on key issues, draws leaders into issue identification and problem-solving, articulate and persuasive, synthesizes information well, is in command of the audience, turns presentations into constructive dialogues, and develops comprehensive education plans.
- Strong project management ability.
- Some travel required
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our career page!