Job: Risk Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9821882
Care Site Description
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health - and hope - to our patients.
- Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
- The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
- 567 associates, 65 medical staff
- 98 beds (56 are staffed)
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Services
- Cardiac Services
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
- Oncology Services
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Women’s & Children Services
- St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Risk Manager/Patient Safety Officer is responsible for organizing, planning, on-going development, and implementation of the Risk Management and Patient Safety Programs at St James Healthcare (SJH) (including all hospital outpatient departments and St. James Physician Network sites), in collaboration with SCL Health. The Risk Manager/Patient Safety Officer acts as a resource for SJH leaders and medical staff, and is responsible for the implementation and execution of all SCL Health Risk Management and Safety policies and procedures and the SJH Quality and Safety Plan. The Risk Manager/Patient Safety Officer performs job-specific duties and responsibilities, including Loss Prevention/Patient Safety and Claims Management, as well as general leadership responsibilities such as Operational Oversight and Decision-Making.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
1. Minimum of five years of recent work experience in healthcare, required
2. Demonstrates knowledge of the legal system and litigation processes and investigation techniques.
3. Demonstrates clinical cognitive ability to problem solve, resolve conflicts, and make decisions with sound reasoning, good judgment, and critical thinking skills.
4. Strong ability to engage others and lead change.
5. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills and negotiation skills.
6. Ability to engage patients and/or families in thoughtful communication regarding quality-of-care issues, complaints and grievances.
7. Strong computer skills including experience with Excel
8. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
9. Ability to interpret policies, procedures, governmental rules and regulations.
10. Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
11. Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
12. Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
1. Bachelors’ degree or higher, or Juris Doctorate, required
2. Certification in Healthcare Risk Management, or ability to obtain within 2-years of hire-optional.
Skills / Requirements
Prefer 1 year experience in a similar setting.
We Value Diversity!
To apply for this position, please click the link belowApply Here