Job: Medical Recruiter
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance Healthcare - Behavioral/Mental Health Human Resources - Recruitment/Staffing Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
Under supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and Human Resources Director responsible for coordinating the recruitment and onboarding process and providing technical and administrative support to the medical staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies sources for recruiting potential medical staff (doctors, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners) and acts as the liaison between recruiting and medical staffing agencies.
- Attracts applicants by posting job advertisements on various job sites and media outlets.
- Coordinates the application, pre-hire, hiring and on-boarding process for new medical staff.
- Maintains records and files for medical staff, ensuring continuing education requirements are met, and services provided are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with the credentialing specialist regarding the credentialing and privileging process for medical staff including appointments, re-appointments and changes in privileges, including but not limited to verifying competence, medical and/or professional educations, residency, internships, fellowships, additional training, board certifications, DEA certificates, professional licenses.
- Manages expireables as needed.
- Assists the Chief Medical Officer with all medical staff requirements and on-boarding and acts as a liaison between the medical staff and other departments.
- Coordinates and performs administrative functions for medical staff in medical staff committee meetings as required, which includes committee notification, drafting agendas, taking and drafting minutes.
- Acts as a resource for medical staff in administrative policies and procedures.
Skills / Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Must have great relationship building skills
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Associate's degree in Business, Healthcare or related field with a minimum of two years experience in medical staffing environment; OR
- High School Diploma/GED and combination of training and work experience totaling five years.
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.