Job: Development Officer, Central MA
Development Officer, Central MA
Reporting to the Director, Walk to End Alzheimer's, this Development Officer plays a key role implementing and achieving the goals of the Alzheimer's Association through various outreach and fundraising activities in the Central Mass region, especially coordinating the Walk to End Alzheimer's in this specific region. This is a key fundraising event for the Association, representing an approximately $300,000 - $400,000 contribution to revenue, and therefore, requires a seasoned professional with demonstrated success delivering on goals and managing a cadre of volunteers. The role also includes overseeing the effective functioning of the volunteer event committee that sponsors this important Walk. This person is based at the Worcester office, and must be able to travel throughout the region and chapter. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Essential Job Functions
- As the key staff member for the Worcester & Neponset Valley Walks to End Alzheimer's, ensure that team participation, corporate and individual financial goals are successfully met
- Recruit, train and motivate skilled participants to serve on the event committee, and a cadre of volunteers to coordinate a safe and meaningful day of event experience for constituents; while delivering on the goals for the Walk to End Alzheimer's event and other development activities; and, serving as staff liaison to the Central MA volunteer committee
- Build holistic relationships and secure sponsorship revenue from corporations in Central MA region
- Oversee the recruitment and stewardship to Alzheimer's Association Central Mass volunteer fundraisers; and identifying and cultivating beneficial relationships with potential donors in the assigned geographic region
- Represent the Alzheimer's Association and make public presentations at community and public events
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent experience in fundraising
- 5 years related experience with proven success in development, marketing, special event fundraising or related activities, including strong volunteer management experience essential
- 3 years experience with fundraising software, preferably Raiser's Edge, and donor database applications; desktop publishing and online giving software (i.e., Convio) a plus Key Professional Attributes
- Superior self-management skills, as independent initiative and ability to collaborate are essential
- Deadline driven, incorporating effective planning and time management strategies that support collaborative delivery of results
- Ability to build effective relationship networks (inside and outside the Association), including supporting others to work enthusiastically towards common objectives
- Highly collaborative and team focused, as much of the delivery of results requires influencing other without "reporting -authority"
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, reflecting an understanding of the appropriate use of communication technologies and an appreciation that each audience requires its own approach
- Appreciation of cultural and ethnic diversity, especially with respect to outreach to underserved communities
To apply, please post your online application on our Chapter website at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=alzmanh
Send your resume and cover letter:
- by email:
- by mail:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire
480 Pleasant Street
Watertown, MA 02472
If apply ing by e-mail, please attach your resume andcover letter as Microsoft Word documents, or includeboth within the text of your e-mail message.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employerand we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!